WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Most of the information we collect about you comes from you directly. This includes (but is not limited to) when you register or apply for one of our properties or services, complete one of our forms, email us, call us, respond to a survey, marketing campaign or become a tenant. Information that we may collect includes:
- Personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone number, gender, martial status, household composition, disability, employment information, financial information including credit reports and bank account details, national insurance number, and next of kin details.
- Sensitive personal data such as your race, ethnic origin, religious beliefs, other beliefs, sexual orientation, health information and so on.
- Personal identification data
- Previous addresses and rental history
- Family circumstances and contact information
- Financial details(including but not limited to your payment record)
- Employment information
- Details regarding your energy consumption
We also receive personal information indirectly from the following sources :-
- Tenant referencing platforms
- our contractors and consultants
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to provide property marketing, to process applications for homes to rent and to provide tenancy management services to you. We need this information to deliver our services to you and with the exception of property marketing purposes, you cannot opt out of providing this type of information, if you want to be our tenants, employees, development partners, contractors and suppliers. We may process some of your data because:-
it is in our legitimate interest to ensure we can provide a service that meets the needs of our customers, make the most of our resources and analyse how we are performing,
in order to comply with our contractual obligations to you or other third parties or the data is required to enable us to enter into a contract with you.
WHO WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH
Leaf Living will not share your information for marketing purposes with external companies unless you provide specific consent. Information is only shared with third parties if they are employed or contracted by us and require information to carry out their duties. We might also collect information from other third parties where it is relevant to our relationship with you. Third parties may include:
- Previous landlords for rental history
- Referencing agencies and their respective credit referencing agencies for credit checks and information about your financial status and history when you apply to rent a property from Leaf Living. We might also share information with credit referencing agencies for fraud investigations, data matching and monitoring purposes and debt recovery.
- Utility providers for debt recovery or energy consumption purposes
- Tenancy Deposit Schemes for tenancy registration purposes
- Contractors that may provide a services on our behalf such as repairs, building management, security and maintenance.
- Local Authorities and Central Government Departments
- Customer feedback and survey providers
- Courts and Tribunals
- The emergency Services in the event of emergencies and for information on criminal activity to prevent and detect crime and eliminate anti social behaviour.
- EPC and Gas Safety Assessors
Where you authorise us to do so we may also disclose your information to your family, associates or representatives.
If you have provided information for the purpose of registering for property, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contact for marketing purposes, please email [email protected]
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at [email protected] You are not required to pay any charge for exercising you rights. If you make a request we have one month to respond to you. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. In certain circumstances you can request erasure of the information. You have the right to ask us to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. You also have the right of data portability so you may request that we transfer your data to a third party. You can find further details of your rights on the Information Commissioners Office website: www.ico.org.uk
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We will only keep personal information for as long as is necessary. If registering or applying for property we will only retain information for marketing purposes for 6 months. For tenants, we will hold information throughout the period of your tenancy and also for up to 7 years after the tenancy has ended.
COOKIES AND TECHNICAL INFORMATION
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e. not via registration) collect technical information when you connect to our site that is not personally-identifiable. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site. When you view our website, we may also store some information on your computer, in the form of a “Cookie” or similar file. A Cookie is a file that helps analyse web traffic, and allows web applications to respond to you as an individual. Cookies help us to provide a better website, by enabling us to monitor pages you find useful. Cookies do not give us access to your computer or your information, other than data you choose to share with us. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can modify your settings to erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Please refer to your Browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions. Please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
Portions of this website use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). The information generated by Cookies about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Our contact details for data protection purposes
Whilst we try to minimise complaints, we understand that they are sometimes unavoidable. Please forward complaints via email or post as above. If your complaint relates to the use of your personal data and remain unresolved after exhausting our internal complaints procedure you can contact the Information Commissioners Office; details can be found at www.ico.org.uk
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What our customers say
We're proud of our homes and the services we offer. But don't just take our word for it, hear what our customers have to say...
Smooth Process and helpful team.- BOLA FATUNWASE, CURRENT RESIDENT, GOOGLE REVIEWS